Andar Bahar is about as light as a feather when it comes to requiring skill. The game relies nearly completely on chance and all the player needs to do is pick one of the two spots on the table. That doesn’t differ much from picking heads or tails in a coin flip, does it? When strategy can only do so little, the best tips you can apply are the ones that deal with the actions you can control, whether it’s during preparation or active gameplay.
Regardless of how simple Andar Bahar is, you can’t join the table without knowing the details and subtleties that feature in this game. While there isn’t much lingo involved, you must educate yourself on the terms like “Andar”, “Bahar”, “game card” and “longshot side bet”. Andar is the left spot, or box, that you can bet on, while Bahar is on the right. These words mean “inside” and “outside” in Hindi. The game card is the one that is first drawn from the deck and placed on the middle spot. It is the one that needs to be matched for the round to end. A longshot bet is a wager allowed in some variations of live Andar Bahar where you get to place a bet on over 41 cards being dealt before a match for the center card lands.
There are more things to learn about the traditional game of Katti, the most important being going over the rules making sure you understand everything. The whole ordeal is pretty straightforward, so it should take long to master the basics.
There are several live dealer Andar Bahar variations available at live casinos. They share the traditional base of the game, and some even copy it to the details, but there are some games which introduce new features such as additional bets and side bets. As you join a live Andar Bahar table, take a second to get familiar with the interface and read the rules for that specific game. You may need to absorb new information before you can set your stakes.
Okay, there are only two bets to choose from, so it seems like a no-brainer. That’s true for the most part, yet some Andar Bahar players claim that betting on Andar lowers the house edge and increases your chances of winning. This applies to cases when the first card after the middle one is drawn to the Andar box. Whichever side receives the first card will win the hand 51.5% of the time; with the other side will win 48.5% of the time.
Sometimes players get so immersed in the gameplay that they stop paying attention to the table limits and that can cause confusion and make one lose their focus. Always check the table limits of the live casino game you’ve chosen to play. Be particularly mindful if you are playing live dealer Andar Bahar with side bets. Some games will set the table minimum for every participant and let each player decide if they want to up the stakes or not before the round starts.
Sometimes it is more complicated to learn self-discipline than the rules of a gambling game. Andar Bahar is easy to play, but it may be challenging for players to restrain themselves from overspending. The rounds are ultra-fast and therefore require quick stakes with little time to make calculations. For games like this, it is best to set aside a budget and decide the size of the bets beforehand. It is especially important to start with minimum bets if you are a beginner. As you acquire some experience along the way, you can allow yourself to up the stakes – within your affordable limits.