Roulette can be a fun and exciting game when played at a land casino or online, but there are certain mistakes that are commonly made by beginner players that can affect the results of the game and can quickly eat away at the bankroll. By being aware of these mistakes, beginner players can avoid them and have a positive experience at the roulette table, enjoying one of the oldest casino games still offered. It should be known that roulette is a game of chance and while there are some player tips and strategies that can be employed, there is no guarantees way to win the game. However, by steering clear of beginner mistakes, one will have a better chance of being a winner.
Common Roulette Mistakes
1. Many new players will simply choose a roulette game and get going without having done any research. There are different types of roulette games, and this is more common when playing online. Here, players will have access to mini roulette, American Roulette, European Roulette and French Roulette. One of the major mistakes is choosing a game without knowing any background. The absolute worst game a player can choose is American Roulette since the odds (5.26%) for the player are worse than any other version. Avoid this and try to always play at a European table that has a house edge of only 2.70%.
2. The game itself is very exciting and fast paced and many players are too eager to get started. This can mean they have not taken the time to set a budget for playing. A huge mistake is jumping right into a real money game without having a budget in place. Players need to set limits on what they spend at the table in order to be successful. So always take some time to think about and create a budget and adhere to it at all times.
3. Roulette games have low house advantages, with the European game having a 2.7% advantage. Some new players will start right away and place high stakes at the table. Suddenly they realize their bankroll is depleted from multiple large bets without a win in return. Beginners should start small and choose tables that offer the lowest possible bet until they gain experience.
4. There are many betting options with the game and a beginner mistake is placing too many bets in a single game. Limit the number of bets and choose them wisely. It is best to start with even money bets to get the most from the bankroll and extend the playing session.
5. Learn about betting systems before using them. The Martingale system is a popular one with experienced roulette players, but since the system calls for doubling lost bets, this can quickly eat away at the bankroll. Beginners should avoid using any system until they have mastered the game, developed skills and have the bankroll to support larger bets.
While Roulette is a simple game to learn and play, these mistakes lead to major losses for beginners. Now that players are aware of them, they can carefully plan their roulette outing and have better chances of winning and staying in the game for a longer period of time. These mistakes are the most common made by beginner players and by knowing what to avoid at the tables, one can start off on the right foot and thoroughly enjoy the game.