Learn how to play Real Auto Roulette, the latest flagship live roulette game by Microgaming. In the article, we will explain the features of Real Auto Roulette, such as the gameplay and special bets. We’ll also cover some basic tips and best strategies for Real Auto Roulette.
This game comes with some ground-breakingly sleek visuals and quality-of-life improvements. We’ll gloss over these as we explain, but the main focus remains on how to win Real Auto Roulette. The most interesting parts here are the exciting new bet types which serve well to spice up the tired European roulette formula.
What is Real Auto Roulette?
Real Auto Roulette is Microgaming’s latest live casino auto roulette table, released in October 2020. It was made in collaboration with Real Dealer Studios, an experienced developer of live table games. By all accounts, it is one of Microgaming’s live game offers. It’s played on a straightforward European roulette wheel which features a single zero and an RTP of 97.30%.
The set alone is stunning, offering 4k streams of a sci-fi inspired studio and CGI-enhanced imagery.
Being an auto-roulette, the game does not feature a traditional dealer. Instead, the wheel automatically spins with each new round. Whether this is a good thing largely depends on your personal tastes. On one hand, some players enjoy knowing that each spin is truly and completely random. Things like how the dealer spins the wheel or the ball’s approach angle have no chances of affecting the result. To be fair, though, this should be a minimal concern either way.
On the other hand, some will miss the impact a good presenter can have on how life-like the experience feels. Having said that, Microgaming went out of their way to make the Real Auto Roulette game as true-to-life as possible. The process may be automatic, but there’s still a real-life ball spinning in a real-life wheel.
While there are many versions of auto live roulette out there, this one stands out. First of all, the sheer production value is off the charts, with a soothing soundtrack and CG elements. Secondly, it’s open to many interesting variations of roulette bets – but we’ll get to those later.
How to Play
To play Real Auto Roulette, just select the table at your favourite online casino and prepare your bankroll. First, put down the bet you wish to make. This title offers a wide range of possible wagers, starting with the basics like red/black, even/odds, inside and outside bets, and even splits. You can also put down stakes using the Racetrack view. This offers some special betting offers usually reserved for French roulette. The betting window between rounds is a rather short 20 seconds, so think quick!
As always with roulette, your choice of bets is the most important decision you can make. We’ll cover your options, starting with the simplest ones. Most of these should be familiar if you’ve ever played roulette before, so we’ll be brief.
- Straight up – You pick one number. If the ball lands on it, you win! Pays out 35:1.
- Split Bet – Covers 2 numbers instead of 1, but they have to be next to each other on the table. Pays 17:1.
- Street Bet – Wagers on a row of 3 numbers from the table. Pays at odds of 11:1.
- Square Bet – Similar to a split bet, but is placed between 4 numbers. Pays 8:1.
- Line Bet – Essentially a double Street bet, covering 2 rows of 3 numbers. Pays 5:1.
- Column Bet – Outside bet that covers a whole column, which makes for a third of the table (excluding the zero.) Pays 2:1.
- Dozen Bet – Similar to the Column, but splits the table vertically. 2:1 odds.
- Even-Money – Any wager with 1:1 odds. Includes red/black, even/odd, and 1-18/19-36.
Microgaming Real Auto Roulette boasts a number of special wagers. The ones above were fairly bog-standard for online roulette games, but the following ones can’t be found everywhere.
- Red/Black Splits. Essentially puts down a split wager on every part of the table where two black or two red numbers are adjacent to each other. This results in 4 split wagers for Split Reds or 7 in the case of Split Blacks. As such, the payout is at odds of 17:4 or 17:7, depending on which one you chose.
- Voisins du Zero. A complex wager that covers numbers closest to the zero on the wheel. Voisins du Zero bets are made by placing two chips on the 0, 2, 3 trio, one on the 4/7, 12/15, 18/21, 19/22, and 32/36 Splits, and two chips on 25/26/28/29 corner.
- Tiers Du Cylindre. Essentially the opposite idea of Voisins du Zero. Puts Splits on 5/8, 10/11, 13/16, 23/24, 27/30, and 33/36.
- Orphelins en Cheval. Covers every number on the table not covered by the previous two bets. This means one straight bet on 1 and 5 Splits on 6/9; 14/17; 17/20 and 31/34.
- Orphelins en Plein. Same as above, only each wager is a Straight Up covering the same numbers.
- 007. A strange, complicated bet that covers a good chunk of the table. Consists of Single Bets on 4, 6, 7, 9, 14, 18, 19, 21, 28, 30, 32, 33, 36; and Corner bets on (1,2,4,5), (2,3,5,6), (7,8,10,11), (8,9,11,12), (13,14,16,17), (14,15,17,18), (19,20,22,23), (20,21,23,24).
- Random 7. A fun wild-card kind of bet. Just click this button, and the game will place 7 random bets for you! As far as we can tell, Random 7 in Real Auto Roulette only puts down Straight Up and Split bets. You can really make a Real Auto Roulette strategy out of this one, but it’s a nice touch. Especially if you believe number 7 is lucky.
Best Live Casinos for Real Auto Roulette
Luckily, there are a lot of top online casinos with Microgaming titles, you’re not strapped for choices. For this game specifically, though, here are some of LiveCasinos’ top picks.
Of course, you may have different opinions about what makes an online casino good. To that end, you can find reliable live casino reviews here.
So there you have it. Despite the flashy visuals and fancy wager names, this game is just a very good auto roulette title. This means that all the best roulette strategies apply to it as well. If you need more help not losing at roulette, you can find even more roulette tips and tricks across LiveCasinos.com.