Authentic Gaming is a globally famous live casino supplier and one of the best live roulette developers. Rarely does a casino software provider deliver such elaborate, state-of-the-art products as Authentic.
With broadcasting studios all over the world, the company succeeds in pleasing millions of players worldwide. Operating around the clock, these lifelike tables are available in multiple countries and continents.
That said, LiveCasinos.com has the honor of talking to the Founder of Authentic Gaming, Jonas Delin. Enjoy our exclusive interview with Authentic Gaming.
- Hello and welcome to LiveCasinos.com, the world’s biggest hub of all things live gaming. It is great to meet you. Would you mind introducing yourself? Tell us more about your role at Authentic Gaming?
I am the founder of Authentic Gaming and although I pride myself on the exceptional team that I and my senior execs have built I still take a very active role in the development of the company.
- How do you personally view Authentic Gaming in the live casino sector? How would you describe the company’s position in the extremely competitive market?
The live casino supplier landscape is heavily dominated by Evolution who also have the benefit of being first (by a lot) in many of the European markets. Following on from them are Playtech who historically at least worked on an exclusive basis with large operators, especially in the UK, but also with state-run companies dotted around Europe and elsewhere. Then you have a large range of smaller suppliers that often target individual markets, often unregulated ones, and very often base their product strategies on imitating the market leaders.
Authentic Gaming has a unique and strong position in the market which has been achieved through a relentless focus on quality, innovation, and our state-of-the-art, legacy-free, live casino platform. The testament of the success of this strategy is our unrivalled client base (with the exception of Evolution) including the “crème de la crème” of online casino operators, our live games which welcome 10’s of thousands of players each day, and our game engine which process 100’s of thousands of bets each day as well as our presence in essentially every regulated market in Europe.
In short, in my view, we are the only serious challenger to Evolution.
” … a relentless focus on quality, innovation, and our state-of-the-art, legacy-free, live casino platform.”
- Authentic’s live streams perfectly capture the essence of live gaming. The sound and the visuals bring online gambling to life, leaving players immersed in the gameplay. How would you describe what you call “the Authentic touch”?
I think the idiom “the devil is in the detail” is a perfect description of what you call “the Authentic Touch”. Just as in any product or service, the first 99% is the easy part but it’s the last 1% that makes all the detail. Whether that is the way our cameras are positioned, the way the dealers interact with players, how fast the ball spins in the roulette wheel, or where the “repeat bet” button is placed in the UI. Of course, we take inspiration from our competitors, but we never copy! All our teams have an extreme passion for quality and innovation, and they live and breathe detail in their daily work – that’s “the Authentic Touch”.
- Why did the company choose roulette as its chief focal point? How is the French casino game perceived in the orders of Authentic Gaming?
There are two really good answers here:
- If you want to make the best burgers in your burger bar. Don’t add pizza to the menu before you have a three-mile queue for your burgers! Put simply, we wanted to be the best at something before we did something else.
- Europe is our primary market and in Europe, Live Roulette makes up 55-60% of Live Casino GGR (gross gaming revenue), and it’s scalable to infinity.
French Roulette is another Authentic Gaming gem
- Primarily, Authentic is famous for live streams from actual physical casinos in the USA, UK, Italy, Germany, Denmark & Georgia. What made you try the casino studio waters? In your opinion, which type of live gaming do players enjoy more – studio-based or from brick-and-mortar operators? Why?
We started out as the first Live Provider that combined live roulette streams from the most exclusive and amazing land-based casinos across the world. That was our USP (unique selling proposition) and the reason why our very first customers were Kindred Group, LeoVegas, and Mr Green. In other words, we had a unique proposition in a market that, at that time (2015-16) was lacking innovation.
Land-based casino streams are popular and highly profitable with experienced gamblers that appreciate the way that the game is run in land-based casinos and in markets where there is a strong tradition of visiting land-based casinos. However, it isn’t mainstream and not particularly popular with “online players” that may never have been to a land-based casino before. They prefer the speed, consistency, better audio/visuals, and general ambience that only studio live casinos can bring. For that reason, in order for Authentic to grow at the speed we wanted it to, we had to broaden our game mix to appeal to that much larger audience of players.
- Would Authentic Gaming ever consider manufacturing digital roulette similar to Evolution’s First Person series? Or, are your sticking with live dealers for good?
I wouldn’t rule anything out that would improve our product and the appeal of Authentic. However, we still have so much to do to capture more market share in Live before we get into RNG.
- Besides the incredible live broadcast roulette games, you also offer Auto Roulette without real dealers. What places on the market do these games occupy? Would you say that players prefer automated roulette to live gaming? Why? What do your demographic stats say?
15-20% of the GGR generated across our network comes from Auto Roulette and an even bigger % players play Auto Roulette so there is definitively a strong appetite from a large number of people for a fast game with lower bet limits than live dealer dealt tables.
We spotted this trend a few years ago and that is why, at the time when we launched, we had the largest selection of Auto wheels on the market.
- What is the company’s stance on responsible gaming? What do you do to protect the players and prevent beating the house? What’s your view on betting strategies?
We operate a 24/7 tech & dev ops centre in state-of-the-art offices in Slovakia where video/data streams, customer integrations, and transactions are monitored by a skilled team of tech and gaming integrity professionals. In addition to that, our studios and gaming tables are operated to the highest standards by an exceptional team of experienced supervisors, dealers/presenters, and equipment specialists in facilities that fulfil ISO standards.
We are regulated by, and/or certified in a huge number of markets and our legal & administration team ensure that we always remain fully compliant and up-to-date on all jurisdictional requirements.
- What is the game you are most proud of?
I am proud of my exceptional team, our technology, and our amazing customers first of all.
If I had to pick one of the most exciting moments at Authentic then it would be when we launched the first and only proper, traditional French Roulette – our Saint Vincent Resort & Casino. A truly stunning roulette operated by four croupiers at the same time!
“I am proud of my exceptional team, our technology, and our amazing customers first of all.”
- The latest, phenomenal release XL Roulette admittedly draws inspiration from Evolution’s Lightning Roulette. Now becoming Authentic’s flagship, it’s gone a step further from Evolution’s award-winning title. Are you satisfied with the player feedback and overall public perception of the game?
The game is still young and needs time to develop but early numbers are showing phenomenal player engagement! The affiliate community has also really supported the game with some amazing independent reviews. The reasons are simple:
XL gives the players more lucky numbers that payout 50-500x whilst also offering a 0.2% better RTP for straight-up bets than the competition!
With that as a basis, you can’t argue that it isn’t a better game for the players. On top of that, it offers the players a variety of game modes to suit their appetite for volatility!
- How does Authentic continually succeed in revolutionizing a classic? Is there room for more innovation in the roulette world other than multipliers and Lucky Numbers?
We have a true “world first” live roulette game coming out a bit later this year that, like XL, offers players the opportunity to customize the game experience to their preferences. And what we can promise is that it’s a roulette where players will win more frequently than any other roulette on the market!
- How about the company’s plans for the rest of 2021? Does it get any better than XL Roulette?
We feel that we have the best live roulette on the market now. And though that doesn’t mean we are going to stop improving the player experience it does mean that our focus now is to diversify our live game mix by launching other classic table games such as blackjack and baccarat in the next couple of months.
And like with all of our content our blackjack and baccarat are not going to be any copy-cats. There will be lots of attention to detail, plenty of “authentic touch” and an ultra-strong focus on putting the player first.
- Is there anything else you’d like to add before we wrap up? Perhaps a message to our players?
I think the core message that I want to send out to players is that we truly adopt a player-first attitude across our teams and games. We build our games for you, and we will continue on our quest to over exceed your expectations!