If you understand how XL Roulette works, you should be able to understand the key differences between the four modes. However, some specifics can guide this decision.
XL Roulette volatility is the main difference between the four options. More importantly, there is no notable difference in the overall payout rate between the four options. Let’s unpack that.
If you look over the table above, you’ll notice a few things:
- The four multiplier modes have identical maximum payouts. High-volatility options do not increase how much you can win. Instead, they improve your chances of getting a win above the base payout.
- This comes at the cost of reduced payouts if you don’t get the multiplier.
In general casino terms, high volatility means that you win less often but in higher amounts. This is not the case with Authentic Gaming XL Roulette.
Your Straight-up bets have the same chances of winning as they ever did – 1 in 36. However, if targeting multipliers is your strategy, the effect is the opposite of what you might expect. As far as the multipliers are concerned, XXXL mode will actually hit the most multipliers. Since the base payout is reduced, you’ll simply have more varied payouts. In this case, increased volatility translates into a wider range of possible returns.
The key detail here is that changing playing modes does not affect the game’s RTP. If you were to play long enough, the changes in payout sizes and rarity would have the same average profits and losses. In that regard, your choice of playing modes does not affect how much you will win.
As such, the choice is based purely on what you want your game experience to be like. No one mode is superior to any of the others.
LeoVegas Live Roulette Promotion on Tuesdays
Play LeoVegas Live Roulette on Tuesdays, bet $1 or more straight-up on 7, 14, or 21, and win $5. 18+ only. Please gamble responsibly. Full T&Cs apply.
Authentic XL Roulette Strategy Tips
The core gameplay loop remains the same as in any live dealer roulette. Standard online roulette strategies are perfectly applicable here. However, keep a few things in mind.
- XL Roulette multipliers affect strictly Straight-Up bets. You are free to use any other type of roulette bet, of course. However, if your strategy does not make use of the multipliers, there’s no real point in playing this particular game. You may as well play any other live table roulette wheel with European rules. If you simply enjoy the presentation of this title, just turn on Standard Mode and play normally.
- However, that doesn’t mean that other wagers have no use here. Hedging your bets by placing “safe” wagers such as Red/Black can provide a steady trickle of profits as you aim for the big multipliers. This can make your bankroll go a lot further.
- The betting options screen contains a few useful tools.
- Bet All will place a Straight-Up bet on every number on the table. This can burn through a lot of cash very quickly. Remember, though – there’s no guarantee that the ball will land on a multiplied number. This function is generally too risky for most players. It might have a use if you’re playing XXXL mode, though. This extremely volatile mode can multiply almost a third of the table.
- Straight-Up converts every inside bet you make into a combination of Straight-Up wagers. For example, betting on Red with this turned on will place 18 straight-up wagers on every red number. You can’t place inside bets normally with this function on, though.
- You can also use the racetrack combined with Straight-Up mode to easily cover large sections of the wheel.
Best Casinos to Play Live XL Roulette by Authentic Gaming
Now that you know the ins and outs of XL Roulette, it’s time to find a site to play the game. Your best options feature not just the full line of Authentic Gaming titles, but ideally some nice bonuses and perks as well. If you don’t know where to play XL Roulette Live, here are some incredible options. Click on any of the casinos to find out which sites fit the bill. Alternatively, you can find even more options here.