Live casino baccarat is a simple game, and flat betting is an even simpler strategy. Let’s be clear about that from the start – you need to temper your expectations. You won’t make millions if flat betting is the only plan you’re using. However, there’s a simple way to get the optimal RTP in baccarat using flat betting.
Flat betting in baccarat simply wagers the same amount over and over again, preferably on the Banker bet. Baccarat is suitable for most staking plans because the two main bets are even-money – or close to it, at least. Since the Banker bet is somewhat more likely to win than the Player, you should win more than you lose over time.
Make no mistake, though. You’re still playing against a house edge and will statistically lose more than you win in the long run. However, your stake is the only thing you can directly control in baccarat. That’s why bankroll management is the most effective strategy to win baccarat. Baccarat flat betting is a good way for a beginner to not lose in the short run. Compared to most “miracle” plans and strategies, this is actually a success.
How to Use the Flat Betting System in Baccarat
As we previously noted, there is arguably nothing simpler than making flat baccarat bets.
- Split your bankroll into equal units. The amount depends on your bankroll size, the table limits, and how aggressive you’re willing to be. For example, a decently sized wallet can get away with a 1% wager. If your funds are limited and you’re not afraid of a little bit of risk, you may as well go for 10%.
- Fit the unit size to the given situation. A percentage-based unit size in baccarat flat betting is useful because it always adapts to your current bankroll size. If you want the same stake regardless of previous winnings and losses, pick a flat amount like $10 instead.
- Stakes can be changed based on the current session. Again, percentages make this easier to pull off. Play for a time with one flat bet in baccarat. For the next session, adjust the size based on your winnings and losses.
- Place the same stake on Banker bets over and over again. Do not change the stake within the same session – that negates the advantages of flat betting in baccarat. Some adjustments are possible, and the easiest way of doing so correctly is between sessions.
- Stay away from side bets. Not only do they break the whole concept of betting flat in baccarat, but they also often have smaller RTP rates.
What Is a Flat Bet in Blackjack?
Playing 21 is far more complicated than most other casino games. Especially if you’re in it to win and play optimally. On one hand, keeping all your bets flat makes it all a bit more manageable. However, the stake is not the only thing you can control in blackjack. As such, it’s best to combine several strategies to get the best result.
Flat betting in blackjack is the simplest staking system that just keeps the amount you wager consistent in every round. Use the same stake over and over again, and you’re already making flat blackjack bets.
The problem here is that blackjack is far more dynamic than, say, baccarat or roulette. The basic blackjack strategy – the one that uses blackjack charts – requires you to double every now and then. To maximize profits, we advise that you know how to play live blackjack using basic strategy. This will keep the house edge at an almost negligible 0.5%. With some luck, you can even see profits by simply keeping your stakes consistent.
Does Flat Betting Work in Blackjack?
Again, this depends on your goals and hopes.
The flat betting strategy in blackjack works if your primary goal is to not lose. If you’re a beginner or intermediate player whose goal is to get better with minimal risk, it works. This is especially true if you’re using a basic blackjack strategy to win by optimizing RTP.
However, true blackjack aficionados strive for blackjack advantage play. The most common of these is card counting. Raising and lowering the stakes is an integral part of blackjack card counting strategies such as Hi-Lo. That’s why blackjack flat betting is not suitable for card counters.
The basic premise of Hi-Lo is to spot when a blackjack shoe is favorable for the players. The idea is to then raise the stakes for strong shoes, and lower them for unfavorable ones. This goes directly against the blackjack flat betting strategy.
That covers everything you need to know about how flat betting works in blackjack and baccarat. The same ideas can be used for other casino games, though. Namely, sticking to the same stake is common in roulette. That’s just the beauty of flat betting in casinos – the core principles can be applied to any form of gambling.
Get Started With These Top Blackjack and Baccarat Live Casinos
Flat betting is a great, beginner-friendly live casino strategy. If you’re just starting out, though, you’ll need a good live casino site to use it properly. Blackjack and Baccarat are both very common games, but not all tables you’ll find are equally as good. You can find some of the best live dealer tables on the casinos listed below.